Learning English and Frenc

September 2, 2011 in Business Class, Immigration Services, Student Visas by CanimmigrateCanada  |  Comments Off

Learning English or French is essential

Speaking either English or French can help you to adapt to life in Canada by making it easier to get a job, communicate with Canadians and talk with your children in the language they learn at school.

You also need to know English or French to become a Canadian citizen. It is a good idea to learn both languages. Depending on where you decide to live in Canada, being bilingual can make it easier for you to communicate with people in your new community and at your new job.

English and French across Canada

English is the most common language spoken everywhere in Canada except the province of Quebec, where French is the official language. French is also spoken in many communities in other provinces, especially New Brunswick, Ontario and Manitoba. New Brunswick is Canada’s only officially bilingual province.

Canada is officially a bilingual country and there are anglophone and francophone communities in every province and territory.

Language training is widely available

There are many language courses available and many of them are free. Sometimes these courses are called ESL for English as a second language, or FSL, for French as a second language.

It is important to have your language skills assessed before you move to Canada. A completed language assessment will determine how much, if any, language training you need.


Posted in Business Class, Immigration Services, Student Visas.

Comments are closed.